Finally Stay at Home Momma

Family, Home, Life

Did you survive the first day of school?

on August 27, 2013

Yesterday was the first day of school for Martha and Tink.  Tink is in the same school while Martha is in high school now.  I remember when Martha was young everyone said to enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast.  I was wondering how it could pass by so quickly because it wasn’t at the time—nighttime feedings, fussiness, sleep-deprived parents, etc.  You know what, it went by in the blink of an eye.

Hubby usually gets up after I take Martha to school in the mornings.  He was up early yesterday to see her off on her first day of school; first days are bittersweet to him because when I was teaching he was the one taking them to school on the first day.  Now I do.  He had tears in his eyes when he looked at me and said, “She’s going to high school.”  We stood side by side remembering all we could–delivery, taking her home from the hospital, sleepless nights, toddler years, everything.  Then Martha told me she was ready and rolled her eyes and laughed at us.  Oh teenagers!

Tink had the normal first day jitters.  She hugged her daddy extra tight before we left.  By the time we arrived at her school, she was ready to go!

Tink was out at her regular school time and had plenty of papers for me to fill out; this is the one thing I don’t like about the first day.  I had no idea what time to pick up Martha as she now has after school activities every day after school.  I did get to pick her up sooner than I thought, so I was happy.  She did not have a lot of papers for me to fill out, but there were a lot of papers for me to read and school supplies to be ordered.

Thankfully dinner was in the crockpot.  Everyone was hungry at different times last night so we staggered eating.  This actually gave hubby and I one-on-one time with each girl to talk with them about their first day.  I think they enjoyed it; I know we did.

Martha and Tink went to sleep quite easily last night and were ready for day 2 of a new school year.  I went to bed later thank usual double checking to make certain they had everything they needed (this is usually their job but I wanted to check until they get into the routine again).  I went to sleep quite easily as well.

I survived the first day of school.  Did you?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: